Col1:24 Now I rejoice in my sufferings for your sake, and in my flesh I am filling up what is lacking in Christ's afflictions for the sake of his body, that is, the church...


Justification for the church is a done deal: It was finished for us at the point when Jesus said so on the cross (John19:28-30).

However...

Sanctification for the Church is an ongoing process: see Romans6:4; Gal 2:20; Col 2:11-15. This is why Christ’s sufferings for his Church continues through us, His Body (Col 1:24) We, like the Apostle Paul, must follow Him through death, burial and finally, into resurrection (1Peter2:21-23). And just as when He had finished the work, Jesus sat down at the right hand of God (Hebrews 10:12), we who are in Him...who follow in His footsteps...who walk in His shadow...will also go from strength to strength until we each appear before God in Zion (Ps84:5-7). We know this because He said so...“To the one who overcomes, I will grant the right to sit with Me on My throne, just as I overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.” Revelation 3:21.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Keys

Part IV The Church Resurrected

The Crucifixion